Chaos erupted earlier in Hong Kong after police used tear gas on peaceful, pro-Democracy activists (as well as CNN Hong Kong’s crew of reporters). The young girl in the video below calls for help, saying that the only thing Hong Kong’s activists want is a “pop vote,” a democratic election.
Was tagged by breebird33
- Name: PhantomSeptember
- Nickname: Phantom
- Birthday: September 25th
- Gender: Male
- Sexuality: Asexual
- Time zone: EST
- What time and date is it there: September 30th, 2:00 am
- Average hours of sleep: 2???
- OTPs: I have notps. Especially any pairing people create about Pacific Rim characters. Oh. And Sherlock. Any incarnation of Sherlock Holmes being paired with anyone.
- The last thing I Googled was: ”Psycology manual dvm” because I couldn’t remember the actual acronym.
- First word that comes to mind: Blue
- What I last said to someone: Can’t remember
- One place that makes me happy and why: The woods. Because it’s quiet and I can take my dog with me.
- How many blankets I sleep under: One down comforter I use all-year-round.
- Favorite beverage: Green tea.
- The last movie I watched in the cinema was: The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Three things I can’t live without: Stuff to draw with, time alone, and creative projects to work on.
- Something I plan on learning: More languages! Also would like to know how to use a tablet to draw.
- A piece of advice for all my followers: When you make mistakes, focus on what you can learn from them rather than the mistake itself. Don’t beat yourself up; instead, store up knowledge for future encounters.
- My blog/s: This one, and my art tumblr that needs updating.
- You have to listen to this song: The only version of this song I like. And boy do I like it.
Uh oh. Is this going to be another case of being up for two days straight.
Anonymous asked: You can try cutcardstock(.)com. They have ivory card stock and they will professionally cut the card stock to any size you need. I've used them before and they were great.
Anonymous asked: If you don't mind measuring and cutting, you could always get ivory card stock and cut them down to the size you want. That's what I do when I need 4x6s in colors that they don't often come in or are hard to find.
Also a good idea. Except I’m so horrendously picky. Paper that isn’t machine-cut drives me up the wall. I have a nice cutter I use for bookmarks and prints—but for things I intend to draw on, I can’t stand it.
To everyone: I never realised how picky I am about my paper before now. I really do appreciate all the help you’re all giving me, but I also have to be honest with myself about things that cause me an inordinate amount of mental pain/distraction.
Why can’t I find any 4x6 ivory unruled index cards. They don’t seem to exist, and this is troubling.
Edit: Ok, wow, looks like I’ll have to get them from a special paper place. I think the way I mysteriously ended up with off-white 4x6 paper is because I had some seriously old acidic index cards. I can’t wait for that to happen again, so I’ll have to buy some naturally off-white ones. XD
Get white ones and then tone them yourself with coffee or tea, or even a bit of brown conte crayon rubbed in with cloth.
Good idea! I do worry about warping though. I’m terrible with anything that might involve warping.